Started: Monday, August 07, 2017
Ends: Don’t know yet.
When: 9 AM PST / 11 AM CST / 12 PM EST
NuggetHead Studioz started working out loud for a week or so! Re-imagining the Tower of Hanoi puzzle game as an online interactive experience and developed in Articulate Storyline has been on my mind for a few months.
I often explore ideas on how to improve skills, efficiencies, techniques, workflows and anything that comes from deliberately practicing. This time I thought I’d invite others into my studio as I go through the entire process from concept to prototype to production while LIVE on Facebook. I know…too cool!
Everything will happen here:
Storyline Live! Main page – YOU ARE HERE
TOTAL air time (so far) = 10 hours, 34 minutes
As many days as it takes!
We started Monday, August 07, 2017 at 11:00 AM CST / 12:00 EST and will go daily about one hour or so until the project is complete not counting weekends. Once the project is complete I’ll update this site with a link to view and play the game.
This page was created to keep a running record of the recorded broadcasts, design sketches, and any other documents related to the build. Visit the Episode pages above to see daily details.
Enjoy and hope you can join!
Be sure to LIKE NuggetHead Studioz Facebook Page to keep up with notifications and future live events! While you’re at it, go ahead and subscribe to my YouTube Channel to keep up to date on any future wacky ideas!
New to Articulate Storyline? I’ve got you covered with a set of mix-n-match 1-day workshop modules:
- Learn the basics with Fundamentals of Articulate Storyline designed to get you up and running fast, intermediate to advanced techniques in a Next Level Interaction Design module, and a Storyboard to Storyline module with loads of techniques to get your designs transitioned into development.
If you find this series interesting and you or your organization need help with design methodologies and development strategy training in Articulate Storyline, contact me and we’ll discuss options.
For curious geeks, below is a list of the hardware and software used for this series. Some gear is new and some is old and discontinued.
- MacBook Pro 15″ Late 2013 | 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory
- Two BenQ 27″ monitors – models #BL2710PT (discontinued)
- Western Digital 4TB external hard drive (for video storage and project assets)
- Mac built-in FaceTime HD camera
- Logitech C615 Webcam HD camera
- Sunpak 6600DX Heavy Duty Tripod (discontinued)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ (2016)
- Apple Pencil
- Wacom Tablet CTE-640/B (discontinued)
- Blue Yeti USB microphone
- NEWER adjustable microphone suspension boom
- Auphonix aluminum shock mount
- Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter
- OBS – Open Broadcast Studio – open source video recording and live streaming software
- VMWare Fusion – for running Windows on a Mac
- ProCreate – iPad Pro app
- Adobe Capture app – for capturing color palettes
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Illustrator – graphic assets
- Photoshop – image preparation
- Premiere – video post production
- Microsoft Office – Word and PowerPoint
- Articulate Storyline 360